[FENS-Kavli-scholars] deadline approaching for registering to the Drosophila neuroscience summer school

ΘΕΜΑ: [FENS-Kavli-scholars] deadline approaching for registering to the Drosophila neuroscience summer school

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΑΣ: Rodanthi Lasithiotaki - Secretariat IMBB [mailto:rodanthi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Dear colleagues,

I would like to enlist your help in spreading the word regarding our Drosophila neuroscience summer school. The deadline is approaching fast. We will close the registration next week on the 20th of May. Please help us spread the word by forwarding this among your contacts.You can find out more and apply here: fliact.eu/welcome. We have increased the available registration fee wavers to 7!

This summer school is a training activity of the FLiACT initial training network (ITN). On Sept 10-14, we will organize a 5-day summer school at the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, a beautiful new riverside campus in central Lisbon, Portugal.

This summer school will train doctoral students and post-docs who are new to Drosophila neuroscience in cutting-edge approaches to understanding the development and function of neural circuits in this model organism. Attendees will participate in both lectures and practical sessions that will give them experience in a range of techniques used in Drosophila, from genetics and neuroanatomy to calcium imaging and computational analysis; and will help them to understand how these techniques can be used to gain fundamental insights into the neural substrates underlying complex behaviors.

Our team of instructors will include:

·         Leslie Griffith (Brandeis University, MS, USA)

·         Scott Waddell (Centre for Neural Circuits and Behavior, University of Oxford, UK)

·         Christen Mirth (Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Lisbon, Portugal)

·         Greg Jefferis (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK)

·         Andrew Seeds (HHMI Janelia Research Campus, USA)

·         Leonie Ringrose (Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Vienna, Austria)

·         and FLiACT fellows and faculty

Colleagues, student or post-doc from your lab interested in attending this summer school can find out more and apply here: fliact.eu/welcome.

Thank you!

Best,

Carlos

--

Carlos Ribeiro, Ph.D.

Behavior and Metabolism Laboratory

Champalimaud Neuroscience Programme

Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown

Av. Brasília s/n (Doca de Pedrouços)

1400-038 Lisboa, Portugal

ΛΙΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΦΙΛΟΣΟΦΙΚΗ ΣΧΟΛΗ.