Fwd: International Workshop on the Black Sea

The School of Humanities of the International Hellenic University would like to invite you to the International Workshop on the Black Sea in Antiquity, which is going to be held at our University in Thessaloniki on 21-22 September 2012.

The workshop is especially for young scholars (PhDs or PhD candidates) as it mainly aims at bringing together in Thessaloniki young scholars from all over the world, who are involved in research on the Black Sea. Sixteen young scholars from twelve countries (Europe, America and Australia) are going to participate.

The workshop - organized by our School within the frame of our MA in Black Sea Cultural Studies (www.hum.ihu.edu.gr) - will be part of the programme of events for the celebration of 100 years from the liberation of Thessaloniki (1912) as well as constituting a preliminary event for Thessaloniki European Youth Capital 2014. The contributions and the discussions following the sessions will be published by the British Archaeological Reports.

Attached we are sending you the programme-invitation and the poster of the workshop and we would be most grateful if you could distribute the attachments as you think fit.

Certificates for attending the workshop will be available upon request.

We would be very glad to meet you at our workshop.

On behalf of the School of Humanities,

Yours sincerely,

Manolis Manoledakis

JPEG image

Dr. Manolis Manoledakis | Lecturer of Classical Archaeology
School of Humanities
International Hellenic University
T +30-2310-807537
    P Think before you print.    14th km Thessaloniki-N.Moudania | 57001 Thermi, Greece | www.ihu.edu.gr

JPEG image

Αμαλία Αβραμίδου
Διδακτικό Προσωπικό
Τμήμα Ιστορίας και Αρχαιολογίας
Πανεπιστήμιο Κρήτης (Γάλλος)
74100 Ρέθυμνο
Τηλ.: +30 28310 77345
Fax: +30 28310 77338

Amalia Avramidou
Visiting Lecturer at the
Department of History and Archaeology
University of Crete (Gallos Campus)
Rethymnon 74100, Crete, Greece
Tel.: +30 28310 77345
Fax: +30 28310 77338

ΛΙΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΦΙΛΟΣΟΦΙΚΗ ΣΧΟΛΗ.