STEMM Equality Congress, Amsterdam

ΘΕΜΑ: STEMM Equality Congress, Amsterdam

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΑΣ: Ειρήνη Θυμιατζή-Eirini Thymiatzi [mailto:thymiate@xxxxxx]

        STEMM Equality Congress 2018, 11th-12th October 2018, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

The 2018 edition of the congress will bring together around 350 Vice Chancellors, Deans, Provots, Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Heads, Gender Equality Managers, researchers, scientists, academics, policy makers and NGO's along with representatives from funding agencies and research councils for two days of debate and analysis on improving equality, diversity and inclusion in research, science, academia and industry globally.

The 2018 event follows the very successful 2017 congress held in Berlin, which was attended by 230 senior university management delegates from 31 different countries. You can view information on the 2017 congress here: https://stemmequality.com/2017-event/archive/

The 2018 event in Amsterdam will include a series of workshops, panel sessions and over 40 leading speakers during two conference tracks with an accompanying exhibition and poster session. Some of the speakers confirmed include:

- Minister Mary Mitchell O’Connor, Minister of State for Higher Education, Ireland
- Prof. Archie Ervin, President, National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education, USA
- Anne de Graaf, Chief Diversity Officer, University of Amsterdam
- Dr. Shirly Malcom, Head of Education and Human Resources Programs, AAAS
- Prof. J.C. Schouten - Board Director & Chair, NWO Applied and Engineering Sciences domain - NWO, Netherlands.
- Prof. Curt Rice - Chair, Nordic Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity in Research (KIF) also Rector (President) of Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus
- Prof. Claudine Hermann, President, European Platform of Women Scientists (EPWS)
- Prof. Andrew Woodward, Executive Dean for the School of Science, member of Athena SWAN Charter Committee, Edith Cowan University
- Dr. Beverley Damonse, Group Executive, Science Engagement and Corporate Relations, National Research Foundation, South Africa
- Dr. Miyoko O. Watanabe, Deputy Executive Director, Director-General of Center for Science Communication and Director of Office for Diversity and Inclusion - Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Prof Anne Scott - Vice-President for Equality and Diversity at National University of Ireland Galway
- François Baumgartner, Deputy Director, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- Paul A.L. Evans, Academic Director of the Global Talent Competitiveness Index & Emeritus Professor of Organisational Behaviour (INSEAD)
- Dr Kathryn Waddington, Reader in Work and Organisational Psychology at the University of Westminster and Visiting Senior Fellow at the Charles Darwin International Institute for the Study of Compassion
- Marcela Linková, Chair, ERAC Standing Working Group on Gender in Research and Innovation

We are confirming more speakers very quickly now, I will be happy to share an updated list with you when we speak.

I would be interested to talk with you about the historic work of the project and your current initiatives or programmes around equality, diversity and inclusion and how these could be incorporated into the congress agenda.

Are you available at some point later this week or next week to have an informal discussion about the congress? I am in the UK but I would be happy to schedule a call to fit your calendar if you could let me know available times and dates?

Regards,

Penny Stapleton

Project Manager

STEMM Equality Congress 2018

+44 117 223 0131 (Tel)

pennys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.stemmequality.com

ΛΙΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΦΙΛΟΣΟΦΙΚΗ ΣΧΟΛΗ.