Dear Friends, Dear Colleagues,
It is our pleasure to invite you in the European University Institute, Florence, Italy, (28-31 May 2019) for the 11th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries International Conference (QQML2019, http://qqml.org) which is organized under the umbrella of ISAST (International Society for the Advancement of Science and Technology).
The conference invites Special and Contributed Sessions, Oral Papers, Best Practices, Workshops and Posters.
Details about the types of distribution please visit: http://qqml.org/description-of-the-contribution/
The target group and the audience are library professionals in a more general sense: professors, researchers, students, administrators, stakeholders, technologists, museum scientists, archivists, decision makers and managers, information scientists, librarians, records managers, web developers, IT specialists, taxonomists, statisticians, marketing managers, philologist, subject and reference librarians et al.
The emphasis is given to “Libraries and Information services: New technologies, innovative processes and the Information Professional”
The conference will consider, but not be limited to, the following indicative themes:
1. Digital Humanities, Public Humanities
2. Synergies and common services of cultural heritage organisations
3. Application of innovative ideas
4. Best Practices
5. Information and Knowledge production and Networking
6. Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
7. Big Data, data mining, visualization, data science
8. Learning analytics, data collection, Curation
9. Open science, Research Communication
10. Open access and scholarly communication models (OA collection development, acquisition models etc)
11. Library as publisher (post publication peer review, predatory journals)
12. Usability testing
13. Information Literacy
14. Social impact of libraries (fake news, social inclusion…)
16. Preparing Library for Tomorrow: 21st skills
17. Management and marketing
18. Library and Information Science, Education and Research
19. Qualitative and Quantitative methods in libraries, museums, archives and information centres
20. Metrics Research (Altmetrics, Bibliometrics, Cybermetrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics)
21. Tools for Organizational Performance Measurement.
Special Sessions – Workshops
At the web page: http://qqml.org/call-of-proposals/ you may send proposals:
1. For Special Sessions (4-6 papers),
2. Workshops (more than 1-3 sessions) including the title and a brief description at: secretar@xxxxxxxxx or from the electronic submission
3. Abstracts/Papers to be included in the proposed sessions, to new sessions or as contributed papers.
Contributions may be realized through one of the following ways
a. structured abstracts (not exceeding 500 words) and presentation;
b. full papers (not exceeding 12,000 words);
In all the above cases at least one of the authors ought to be registered in the conference: http://qqml.org/registration/.
Abstracts and full papers should be submitted electronically within the timetable provided in the web page: http://qqml.org/call-of-proposals/
The abstracts and full papers should be in compliance to the author guidelines that are located in the above link.
All abstracts will be published in the Conference Book of Abstracts and in the website of the Conference. The papers of the conference will be published in the QQML e- journal after the permission of the author(s).
The QQML e- journal moved to http://www.qqml-journal.net
Doctoral and Postgraduate Sessions
Professors and Supervisors are recommended to encourage the contribution of Postgraduate theses and dissertations of their students.
In the Doctoral and Postgraduate Sessions the contributors resent their research, the topic, the objectives, the methodology and the ongoing work.
Post Graduate Student sessions for research are especially organized.
Please direct any questions regarding the QQML 2019 Conference and Student Research Presentations to: the secretariat of the conference at: secretar@xxxxxxxxx
QQML 2019 Important Dates
Abstract submissions: December 20, 2018
Notification of acceptance two weeks after submission.
Deadline Paper Submission: 1st of May 2019
Deadline Presentation Submission: 1st of May 2019
Early bird Registration: up to 30th of March 2019
Submit a Proposal or a session to secretar@xxxxxxxxx
Submissions of abstracts to special or contributed sessions could be sent directly to the conference secretariat at secretar@xxxxxxxxx. Please refer to the Session Number, as they are referred at the conference website to help the secretariat to classify the submissions.
For more information and Abstract/Paper submission and Special Session Proposals please visit the conference website at: http://qqml.org/event/qqml2019/ or contact the secretary of the conference at : secretar@xxxxxxxxx
Paper contributors have the opportunity to be published in the QQML e- Journal, which continues to retain the right of first choice, however in addition they have the chance to be published in other scientific journals. QQML e- Journal is included in EBSCOhost
Looking forward to welcoming you in Florence,
With our best regards,
On behalf of the Conference Committee
Anthi Katsirikou, PhD
Note that the QQML Conferences started many years earlier and our email lists include old and new addresses.
It is a very important task to update our lists. If you would like to remove your email address from our conference lists, please click here: Unsubscribe
If you like to add a new address, please click here: Add New email Address and add your email address in the Subject line.