2nd Call for QQML 2019 International Conference (28-31 May 2019, Florence, Italy)

Dear Colleagues, Dear Friends,

We thank all the contributors for submitting their Paper and Poster Abstracts, Workshops and Special Sessions Proposals to the forthcoming 11th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries International Conference (QQML2019,  http://qqml.org) which is organized under the umbrella of ISAST (International Society for the Advancement of Science and Technology).

Following several requests, we have extended the Abstract submissions deadline to January 30.

Submit a Proposal, a workshop or a session to secretar@xxxxxxxxx

Main topic: “Libraries and Information services: New technologies, innovative processes and the Information Professional”

For more information and Abstract/Paper submission and Special and Invited Sessions Proposals please visit the conference website at: http://qqml.org/description-of-the-contribution/  or send email to secretar@xxxxxxxxx

Special Sessions already submitted:

1.            Session title: Quo Vadis eXtended Reality (XR) in Academic Libraries. Coordinator: Professor Dr. Plamen Miltenoff, St. Cloud State University, USA.

2.            Session title: Experimental data analysis applied in Library and Information sciences. Coordinator: Profesor Adam Pawlowski, University of Wroclaw, Poland.

3.            Session title: ‘Linking research and practice: the synergies and their relevance to practice, policy and academia. Coordinator: Maria G. N. Musoke, Professor of Information Science, EASLIS, and Former University Librarian, Makerere University, Kampala. Uganda. East Africa.

Workshops already submitted:

1.            Workshop title: Information search & discovery, using an image as query: a workshop. Delivered by Professor Paul Nieuwenhuysen, University Library, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium.

2.            Workshop title: Library strategies: evidence for going forward?  Delivered by Bertil F. Dorch, Library Director, SDU, Denmark, Lotta Svantesson, EUI Library, Florence, Pep Torn, Director, EUI Library, Florence and Charlotte Wien, Professor, SDU, Denmark.

With our best regards and wishing a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2019,

On behalf of the Conference Committee

Anthi Katsirikou, PhD

Conference Co-Chair

University of Piraeus Library Director

Head, European Documentation Center

Board Member of the Greek Association of Librarians and Information Professionals

anthi@xxxxxxxxx

QQML Conferences

QQML 2009 Mediterannean Agronomic, Chania, Crete, Greece

QQML 2010 Mediterannean Agronomic, Chania, Crete, Greece

QQML 2011 Hellenic National Research Foundation, Athens, Greece

QQML 2012 Limerick, Ireland

QQML 2013 Sapienza University, Rome, Italy

QQML 2014 Kadir Has University, Istanbul, Turkey

QQML 2015 Descartes University Paris, France

QQML 2016 Senate House, University of London, UK

QQML 2017 Limerick, Ireland

QQML 2018 Cultural Center, Chania, Crete, Greece

QQML 2019 EUI, Florence, Italy