Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Now Accepting Cycle 4 Applications

Title: Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Now Accepting Cycle 4 Applications

ΘΕΜΑ: Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Now Accepting Cycle 4 Applications

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΑΣ: Τμήμα Γραμματείας Πρυτανείας

GDFP Cycle 4 Now Open!

Deadline January 15, 2020

Applications are now being accepted for the Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program (GDFP) to support collaborative academic projects between Greek higher education institutions and Greek scholars in the diaspora.

Process:  The GDFP has a two-sided application process: Greek universities submit a project request online to host a scholar, while the scholars submit applications to join a roster of available candidates.

Eligibility: Any degree-conferring higher education institution in Greece can serve as a host and submit a project request.

Scholars must be born in Greece or Cyprus, or hold Greek or Cypriot citizenship; live in the United States, Canada, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand; and work in an accredited college or university in one of those countries. Scholars must hold a terminal degree in their field and may hold any academic rank.

Benefits:  Greek Diaspora Fellows receive a $150 per day stipend, supplemental health insurance and roundtrip international airfare.  Project materials allowance may also be requested to support activities at the host institution.

Activities: Greek host institutions can request that the scholar participate in projects in curriculum co-development, collaborative research and/or graduate or undergraduate student research mentoring and teaching.

Timeline:  The deadline to receive both scholar applications and host institution project requests is January 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM (January 16, 2020 6:59 AM Greece time.)  Selection decisions for Cycle 4 will be made in April 2020; project visits can begin in June 2020.

For more information on the fellowship program and application process, as well as the projects of current fellows, please visit our website and our communities on Facebook and Twitter

We will be holding two How to Apply Webinars.  Diaspora scholars are invited to attend on Wednesday, October 16, at 12:00 PM Eastern US time.  Potential hosts at Greek institutions are welcome to attend on Tuesday, October 22 at 3:00 PM Greece time.  We encourage interested candidates to register for one of those sessions.  Recordings will be added to our YouTube channel

Thank you for helping to spread the word about this opportunity.  We look forward to hearing from interested candidates.

Please contact:
Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program (GDFP)
Institute of International Education (IIE)
Email: GreekDiaspora@xxxxxxx
https://www.iie.org/greekdiaspora
Facebook: GreekDiasporaFPTwitter: @GreekDiasporaFP
IIE • The Power of International Education

Our mailing address is:
1400 K Street NW, Suite 700, Washington DC 20005

ΛΙΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΦΙΛΟΣΟΦΙΚΗ ΣΧΟΛΗ.