Crete/Patras Ancient Emotions IV - An International Digital Workshop on Rethinking Ancient Emotions - November 23-24, 2021

ΘΕΜΑ: Crete/Patras Ancient Emotions IV - An International Digital Workshop on Rethinking Ancient Emotions - November 23-24, 2021

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΑΣ: Univ. of Crete - Dept. of Philology <philology@xxxxxxxxxx>

Παρακαλούμε δείτε το σχετικό αρχείο:

http://news.uoc.gr/news/2021/16-11/Crete_WORKSHOP_INVITATION.pdf

Crete/Patras Ancient Emotions IV

An International Digital Workshop on

R e t h i n k i n g    A n c i e n t    E m o t i o n s

November 23-24, 2021

In recent years, ancient emotions have become a major subfield of Classics. The so-called ‘affective turn’, of course, is not restricted to ancient historians or critics of ancient literature. The ‘affective turn’ signals a major turn in all the disciplines under the headings of Humanities and Social Sciences. In this workshop, distinguished scholars who have enhanced significantly our knowledge of ancient emotions will discuss how certain methodologies or interdisciplinary approaches to emotions have helped us shed fresh light on the cultures that attract our attention. The workshop will also look into the ways in which the study of emotions has enabled classicists, including those who do not work on emotions, understand the ancient world. Succinctly, what would Classics look like today without the history of emotions? We are also extremely curious about questions related to the historiography of the history of emotions. For example, what may explain the ‘affective turn’ in Classics and why is the history of emotions necessary? And, what is more, is the affective turn an indirect response to our efforts to raise questions centering on the ethics, ideologies, or norms of ancient societies, questions which may be relevant to our own concerns as scholars and citizens of the early 21st century?

Το πρόγραμμα της εκδήλωσης είναι αναρτημένο εδώ:
https://www.philology.uoc.gr/uploads/RETHINKING-EMOTIONS_DESCRIPTION_PROGRAMME.pdf

Τα μέλη της ακαδημαϊκής κοινότητας που επιθυμούν να παρακολουθήσουν τις εργασίες της εκδήλωσης καλούνται να επικοινωνήσουν με τον Δήμο Σπαθάρα (spatharasd@xxxxxxxxx) μέχρι την 20η Νοεμβρίου 2021.

ΛΙΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΦΙΛΟΣΟΦΙΚΗ ΣΧΟΛΗ.