2022 Kafatos Lecture - INVITATION

ΘΕΜΑ: 2022 Kafatos Lecture - INVITATION

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΕΑΣ: Τμήμα Γραμματείας Πρυτανείας

Join us for an inspiring lecture and drinks in Heraklion

It is with great pleasure that we invite you, in-person or online, to the inaugural 2022 Kafatos Lecture (https://www.embl.org/about/info/alumni/blog/events/kafatos-lectures-2022/)

which will be held at the Cultural Conference Centre of Heraklion on Friday 7 October. The programme, which is detailed below, will begin at 18:30hrs local time with a welcome from the Mayor of Heraklion, Mr. Vassilis Lambrinos, followed by a Lecture on the “Complex story of our dual origins” by distinguished developmental geneticist Denis Duboule.

The lecture is free and open to the public. With it we aim to bring groundbreaking and relevant life sciences research as well as scientists to the worldwide public annually, while honouring the legacy of Professor Fotis Kafatos, an outstanding Greek figure in modern biology. The event will be live-streamed globally, and there will be simultaneous translation into Greek.

The lecture will be followed by drinks and networking at 20:00hrs onwards for the in-person participants.

We hope to welcome participants from all stages of life: from students to retirees.

Please join us by registering on the link below:

We will share the Zoom link for the online event with all participants registered before Monday 3 October.

As this is the inaugural Kafatos Lecture, we would be grateful if you could share this invitation widely with your networks - we hope to have a full house.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Our very best wishes,

Babis Savakis, Μember of the Kafatos Lecture Selection Committee

Also on behalf of

Matthias Hentze, EMBL Director

Fátima Gebauer, EMBL Chair of the Alumni Association

Programme

18:30-18:40 Local time

Welcome: Vassilis Lambrinos, Mayor of Heraklion

18:40-18:50 Local time

About the Award: Babis Savakis, University of Crete Medical School

18:50-19:00 Local time

Introduction to Denis Duboule: Anne Ephrussi, EMBL

19:00-20:00 Local time

Lecture by Denis DubouleEvolution and Embryonic Development: The Complex Story of our Dual Origins

20:00-20:30 Local time

Drinks and Networking

--

ΛΙΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΦΙΛΟΣΟΦΙΚΗ ΣΧΟΛΗ.